Steelhead are ocean-running rainbow trout that develop a unique flavor and tender flesh through their exposure to salt water.
- 4 Steelhead trout fillets (salmon fillets will also give great results)
- 1 lemon, sliced very thinly
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Several leaves fresh sage, chopped,
- or 1/2 tsp. powdered sage
- 1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning (available in grocery stores)
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
Place butter and olive oil in a small saucepan over low heat until butter is melted. Mix in garlic and sage. Set aside. Spray a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Season fish with Old Bay, salt, and pepper. Line bottom of pan with lemon slices and place fish over lemon. Pour butter mixture evenly over fish and cover pan tightly with foil. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Uncover pan and bake additional 5-10 minutes, until fish is opaque and flakes easily. Serves 4.