- 1 1/2 lbs. mangos, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda + 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, finely chopped
Process mango in food processor until smooth. Measure 1 cup puree for the bread, and reserve the rest for another use. Combine all of the dry ingredients. Beat eggs with oil, lemon juice and mango and add to flour mixture. Add coconut and ginger.
Pour into 2 greased 8 x 4 loaf pans. Bake at 325ºF for about 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.