- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup gluten-free baby or quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon EACH salt and black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 24-oz. jars marinara sauce
- 1 pound ziti or penne (our favorite gluten-free brand is Tinkyada), cooked according to package directions.
In a bowl mix together the turkey, garlic, oats, onion, parsley, egg, salt, and pepper and form into meatballs about 1 inch in diameter. In a large heavy skillet heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking and cook half of meatballs, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes. Place marinara in large saucepan and add cooked meatballs. Brown remaining meatballs in remaining 2 tablespoons oil in same manner, and add to sauce in pot. Serve meatballs and sauce over penne, topped with a dollop of ricotta and freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Serves 4-6.